Cool San Diego Dining images

Check out these San Diego Dining images:

Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
San Diego Dining
Image by Jasperdo
Fiesta de Reyes is a shopping and dining complex within Old Town San Diego. It was built in 1939 as La Casa de Pico Motor Hotel. In 1971 it was remodeled, with shops in the former motel rooms, and a restaurant in the center courtyard.

The town of San Diego began in the early 1820’s. It was the commercial offshoot of the Presidio Fort and the Spanish Mission that had been built 50 years earlier. It quickly became the social hub of Southern California. In 1848, California became part of the United States. By the 1870’s the center of San Diego moved south to New Town, and Old Town quickly fell into disrepair. In 1968, the original town became a State Park, and is today preserved with of mix of historic and reconstructed buildings.

Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
San Diego Dining
Image by Jasperdo
Fiesta de Reyes is a shopping and dining complex within Old Town San Diego. It was built in 1939 as La Casa de Pico Motor Hotel. In 1971 it was remodeled, with shops in the former motel rooms, and a restaurant in the center courtyard.

The town of San Diego began in the early 1820’s. It was the commercial offshoot of the Presidio Fort and the Spanish Mission that had been built 50 years earlier. It quickly became the social hub of Southern California. In 1848, California became part of the United States. By the 1870’s the center of San Diego moved south to New Town, and Old Town quickly fell into disrepair. In 1968, the original town became a State Park, and is today preserved with of mix of historic and reconstructed buildings.

Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA
San Diego Dining
Image by **Mary**
Alonzo Horton moved the center of San Diego to the Waterfront area in 1867 giving the City its unique scenic location. Horton Plaza Park is a tribute to his foresight. The park features the first water fountain in the United States to have electric lights.

The Westfield Shoppingtown Horton Plaza now occupies six and one-half blocks of the heart of San Diego-Central and provides a festive commercial heart for the city. Opened in 1985, Horton Plaza was designed by the Jerde Partnership of San Diego to resemble an European market place and to function like an amusement park for shoppers. The architects also included elements of San Diego’s history in their design. The ornate lamps are replicas of the original gas lamps used in San Diego at the turn of the century. The Jessop’s Clock was built in 1907 and has been a fixture in San Diego for almost one hundred years.

Black concrete, narrow walkways and 43 different colors remind visitors of European market towns as they climb the staggered levels of the Plaza. The amusement park aspect of Horton Plaza is enhanced by the live entertainment that visitors often find playing on its outdoor stages. The lush landscaping, topiaries, festive banners contribute to the open air shopping center’s sense of fun and entertainment. Original art works placed at the Plaza enhance the shopping experience as well.

There are more than 130 shops, several restaurants and a multi-screen movie theater located in Horton Plaza. Shoppers can browse through Macy’s, Nordstroms and Mervyns; snack in the food court or enjoy fine dining at the Napa Valley Grill; wander through the various boutiques and specialty stores; or shop the festive carts that line the walkways. The movie theatres seat 3,000 and the 750-seat Lyceum Theatre is home to the San Diego Repertory Theatre and is used by other theatrical groups for live performances.

The Plaza has 2,200 parking spaces, each level themed to a different fruit, that are free to shoppers and diners for three hours with validation, Hint, buying gum at Long’s Drugs counts for a validation.

Tags: , , ,

Category : Blog

Send to Friend

Email Agent

SEO Powered By SEOPressor